The Arts Of Nail

Friday, March 5, 2010

Nailene French Tip Pens



Hi everyone! Today I am bringing you a review about Nailene's French Tip Pens*. They are advertised to be a mistake-proof way to do french tips on your nails. I got two of these pens, one in White and one in White Pearl. Below is a quick-'n-dirty swatch to compare the two colors. The white is very bright and stark while the pearl one is more off-white and quite frosty.

Now how did these pens work for me? They worked pretty well, but the first application is a bit messy. To wet the pen, the instructions say to push the tip down on a protected surface for 30 seconds, but if you do this all of the stuff will flow out of the pen! Just do it really fast, it is much less messy!

Now the tip of these pens is exactly like a felt-tipped marker. While I don't find this pen to be "mistake proof" (since I have shaky hands), it is much easier to use than polish. In fact I don't think that it is polish in the pen, I think that it is some kind of paint. I used acetone to remove it and it didn't dissolve off, it peeled off. I like it though, it applies pretty evenly and stays really well; it doesn't chip easily. I think that it is worth checking out, especially if you are like me and have trouble with getting tip polish nice! If you had to pick between the White and the Pearl White; I would go with the Pearl White because it applies easier due to the finish.

Oh, and the top coat was ok, it was much like the Acrylic Strong Topcoat in that it was very shiny but didn't dry quickly. I love the cute little bottle though; it would be good to put into a little nail emergency kit! Do any of you have a nail emergency kit that you carry around? I have been thinking about building myself one.

*These products were sent to me by Nailene for review. If you have any concerns please see my Disclosure Policy tab at the top of the page; thanks!