The Arts Of Nail

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goldie Polishes: Neutral Set

Hi everyone! I found these polishes at TJMaxx and bought the neutral set, although there is a very pretty pink set as well. None of these have names, so I am naming them instead and giving you a full review of each polish.

This first one I am calling Sheer Pink, because that is what it is. This was my least favorite of the bunch, this was two coats and clearly you can still see my nail tips. This polish formula is a bit thick and milky.This would be great for a french manicure though, and that is what I plan to use it for. It is a lovely color, but it is not a unique one.

This next one I am calling Shimmery Toffee. This is a muted light brown, kind of like coffee when you put a lot of creamer in it. It has a lovely subtle silver shimmer and this is my favorite of the bunch. It had the best formula, although this one is a bit on the thick side too. This is two coats and you can only see VNL if you look really close.

This last one I am calling Golden Latte. In the bottle this is a lovely dark golden brown, but the brown really doesn't show up on the nail. On the nail it is more of a medium brown with a lovely golden shimmer. The formula of this one is actually a little runny, this is three coats of polish. It didn't come out as I expected, but it is still very lovely! What do you think of these polishes?

I want to say thank you for all of the wonderful comments and wishes of good luck from the past couple of days, they mean a lot to me. I did really well at the conference, a lot of people at lunch came up to me and told me what a great job I did and I actually got voted best presentation, which I was really surprised at. Considering that I was the only undergraduate speaker there, I think that was really saying something. So yay! :D