The Arts Of Nail

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's That Time of Year.....


Hey everyone! Have I mentioned that I am a total Christmas junkie? Like hardcore junkie. I usually set up all of the decorations around my parents house, including a 12 foot Christmas tree (build and decorate), dining table decorations, the lights over the door and garage, the lights and garlands that wrap around 2 floors worth of stair bannister, and some years even those little light-up antique house things that my mother used to collect (do you know what I am talking about?) all by myself. I used to literally spend two full days decorating.

Well this year I did not go home for Thanksgiving, so I didn't get to decorate the house for the first time since I was 8. I feel so weird having not decorated the house. I do have a small dorm room, but it isn't really enough for me, you know? I have a small Christmas tree (about 2ft by 2ft) that I made from wire hangers, duct tape and garlands (college chic, no?) pictured above with some ornaments that my boyfriend and I made last year. I also want to get some lights to hang around my window.


I don't know, lately I haven't been as much into the spirit of the holidays. I feel like my 2 day decorating extravaganza is what gets me pumped and ready for December, but since I didn't get to do that this year I feel almost indifferent. Especially with the weather. I absolutely hate snow with a passion. The only redeeming quality of snow is that it means Christmas is coming. I woke up to two new inches of fresh snow this morning. Sigh. Snow is pretty and all, but it is the cold that gets me. I can't put on enough clothes to keep myself warm. (The picture is from my parent's deck last year, isn't it pretty?) I am sick of it being below 20 F (around -8 C and below) already, and this is only the beginning. Do you like snow?

Do you guys like random little posts like this? Do you want to see more pictures and stuff? Lemme know what you think! :)